To use this guide, select from the dropdown menu, one of the help topics to view.
Follow these steps to Register, Activate and Install your SIM Card.
Register & Link the SIM Card
- You can log in here if you have already registered an online account. If you haven't registered an account with us please click here to register.
- Once registered you will be automatically taken to your account or you can login using your registered Username and Password.
- Once logged in enter the PUK or your Wraptel Mobile Number and the ICCID into the required fields. (PUK, Mobile Number and the ICCID number can be found on the back of the SIM Card).
- Click on "Link Account", the registered account will now be linked to your SIM Card.
- You are now ready to activate your SIM Card from within your Online Account; see the next step.
Activate the SIM Card
- When you receive your Wraptel SIM Card, make sure that it has not been damaged in transit.
- If you have already put the SIM Card in your phone, power OFF your device now.
- Log into your Account using your registered username and password.
- Select "Manage SIM Accounts" to view your SIM Card(s).
- Select the "View & Edit" button next to the SIM Card you would like to Activate.
- Set the "SIM Status" to "Activated" using the drop down box.
- Make sure to save your changes by clicking the green button "Update SIM Setting" at the bottom of the page.
- Once changes are saved, you should see the word "Activated" next to the Account Status field.
- Your SIM Card is now activated.
- See next step to Install the SIM card correctly.
Install the SIM Card
- Carefully remove the SIM Card from its plastic housing, making sure you remove as a standard SIM, Micro SIM or Nano SIM (handset dependent).
- Install the SIM Card into your 'unlocked' to all networks mobile phone or mobile smartphone.
- Switch on your unlocked to all networks handset (always ensure your handset is set to automatic search and not manual search to automatically register on the default mobile network of the country you are in).
- Note: If you are unsure how to find automatic search on your phone, search the following phrase on the internet: Select network mode for <insert the name of your handset type>
- It may take a while for your SIM Card to locate and register onto the roaming network, please be patient and do not operate the device. If the SIM Card does not register within 5-6 minutes then power your phone OFF and then power back ON and allow the phone to initialize for another 5-6 minutes.
- Once the network has been found check that your phone screen lists the name of the mobile network you are roaming on. You are now ready to go.
- If your phone still did not connect to the network after powering OFF/ON a few times please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the last 5 digits of your SIM ICCID (found on the back of the SIM Card or within your Online User account).
- If the SIM Card has connected to the mobile network and you are finding that the SIM 'comes in and out' or does not 'stick' to the network please send an email to email@example.com. There are a few easy tips that we will email you. The steps are country specific so please be sure to include the country that you are currently in and/or planning to travel
- If you require Data, Voicemail or VoIP, please see the set up instructions on the User Guide.
- When traveling to Canada, Japan or South Korea. These countries/networks use 3G service only. A 3G enabled handset is required. Quad Band, Tri-Band and Dual Band GSM handsets will not work unless they also support 3G. For best results while roaming in USA, 3G supporting 1700 MHz handsets are highly recommended. Please check all GSM frequency bands by country on our website.
- It is highly recommended that when traveling from country to country you turn off the handset and do not set to flight mode.